ASSAM GLOBAL INVESTORS SUMMIT 2018Why Assam?
Held on- 3rd and 4th Feb 2018
Organised in – Sarusajai Stadium, Guwahati
Inaugrated by- PM Narendra Modi
Theme - Advantage Assam: Global Investors Summit 2018
Famous Dance- Bihu dance
CM- Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor- Banwarilal Purohit
• Assam’s GDP at current prices during 2015-16 was USD 30.72 billion (approx. USD 985 per capita) and grew at 9 percent CAGR from 2004-05 to 2015-16.
• During this period, the state’s tertiary sector grew at a CAGR of 15.07 percent driven by trade, hotels, real estate, finance, insurance, transport, communications and other services. The primary sector grew at a CAGR of 11.62 per cent, while the secondary sector grew at 10.31 percent during the same period.
• Assam aims to maintain an overall GSDP growth rate of over 10 per cent, with industrial growth at over 9 percent and growth in services at over 13 percent over the next 5 years.Aim
• The main aim of the summit is to increase the trade and other relations with Southeast Asia. Members and Delegates from ASEAN and BBIN countries along with industrialists and business leaders of India and around the world are invited in this summit.
• The Summit aims at highlighting the geo-strategic advantages offered to investors by Assam.
• The summit will also focus on India's Act East Policy which will help in achieving balanced and fast-paced growth of the north-eastern region and development of MSME sector.ASEAN-
Association of Southeast Asian NationsBBIN-
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal
It is the first of its type of summit organised in Assam and Northeast India.
The summit will focus investing on different sectors like: Power, Agriculture & Food Processing, IT & ITeS, River Transport & Port Townships, Plastics & Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals & Medical Equipment, Handloom, Textiles & Handicrafts, Tourism, Hospitality & Wellness, Civil Aviation and Petroleum and Natural Gas.Details of Summit and Investment by companies
• Delegates from all over the world and nearly 4000 domestic and international industry leaders participated in the summit.
• Witnessed signing of 176 MoUs with 160 companies amounting to Rs 65186 crore.
• ONGC 2.24 % will invest Rs 13,000 Crore and Oil India Limited will be investing Rs 10,000 crore, IOCL has committed investment worth Rs 3432 Crore and Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) will pump in Rs 3410 Crore.
• The Indo-UK Institute of Health will be investing close to Rs 2,700 crore, Century Plywood has shared plans of investing 2,100 crore.
• Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Group of Industries announced that his company will be investing close to Rs 2500 Crore in next three years. Increasing the number of retail outlets from two to 40 and increase the number of petrol pumps from 27 to 165 in Assam.
• Aditya Khaitan, Vice-Chairman and MD, McLeod Russel said they will investing Rs 700 Crore in Assam, out of this around Rs 200 Crore in the Eveready Industries.
• Spicejet announced its plans of investing Rs 1,250 crore worth and expressed willingness to run sea planes, Infinity Group will be investing Rs 1,000 crore in an IT Park and Real Estate in Guwahati.
• Medanta Group will pump in Rs 500 crore investment in the Healthcare sector. Essel Infra group will be invest .
• N. Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons said that the company is working with Assam Government for setting up cancer hospital facilities and plans to touch nearly two million lives in Assam.
• Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated NRL's Diesel Hydrotreater(DHDT ) plant at the summit NRL's DHDT Project has been implemented at a cost of Rs 1031 Crore without any cost and time overrun.
• Infinity Group will be investing Rs 10 billion in an IT Park and real estate project in Guwahati.
• Other major companies announcing investments in Assam are: BPCL (Rs 3.5 billion), Essel Infraprojects (Rs 60 billion), Star Cement (Rs 21 billion), Infinity Infotech Parks (Rs 10 billion) and Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India (Rs 4 billion), among others.
The Summit promises to become a major platform for G2B, B2B meetings & display of investment opportunities in the state. FICCI which has been engaged as the Summit Partner, has been entrusted with the organizing of the Summit with support from the state government.